Monday, December 22, 2008

Row like a dog is chasing you!

This is exactly what I did tonight during the WOD.
I didn't think rowing could hurt so bad. Apparently this is nothing compared to some of the rowing challenges they put you through.

When I was done with the WOD, my chest hurt so bad that I started coughing. I know this will hurt tomorrow for sure.
The coughing was uncontrollable and unstoppable. The only thing that stopped it was a sip of Coke.
Anyway, I am fine now.

The skill aspect of it was something of frustration as I seem to be not getting the "technique" aspect of dead lifts either. I know they seem to be a no-brainer, but it seems I am trying to unravel years of bad habits since no one really showed me the proper way of doing them.

The WOD was a 3000m Rowing Relay. We paired up for this and took turns every 500m.
Me and the guy (Jason) whom I paired up with, won to challenge. Then again, it was no real competition.
I pushed so hard on this, and should feel it in the morning.

I'll post some pictures later that they took.

Warm up:
30 squats
30 pushups
10 Strict Pushups
1000m Row

Skill:
Push Press: 3,3,3
Front Squats: 3,2,2,1,1,1
Dead lifts: 5,5,5,5,5

WOD: 3000 m Row Relay; 1 person Rows 500m, the other coaches

Time:
11:17

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the strong finish. I'd steer clear of carbonated drinks though. They take air away from your lungs and it sounds like you needed air. I am going to be rowing in about a hour and expect it to have similar results on me. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete