Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy End


Okay I reported earlier this week of a Black Lab I rescued not too far from my house.
I got an email today from a guy who was looking on Craigslist for his missing dog. Turns out, it was his.
Long story short, I asked the guy to please get him Micro-Chipped to prevent further problems if he lost him again. Apparently, his tags had been ripped off of him.
The guy said he likes to wonder off, but always comes back.
I was laughing because I probably picked him up when he was on his way back home.
Here are a couple pics of him at his home, and one of him with my dogs.


The guy gave me a really old bottle of French wine and a $100.00 in cash.
In reality, if he would have gave me nothing, I would have been happy he was home again.
Not to sound like a dork, but this really made my Christmas.

On another note, I wasn't able to get much in with regards to a workout tonight. I went to PT for the final time tonight, and then headed off to the gym for some pull up progressions to ready myself for Crossfit on Monday.

Totals:
1 mile : Physical Therapy
Cross training: Pull ups, core work

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome Nick! As the Aussie's might say: "Good on ya"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really cool of you to make effort to help someone out to get their dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.
    I just did what I would hope someone would do for my dog.
    I've seen way too much and heard too many unimaginable stories to not have done something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really nice thing. Good karma always comes back. This time in the form of wine and cash. Doesn't get much better than that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAYYY!! Hurray!!!! I luv happy endings! So glad the doggy got home. (Although I was thinking you were getting another member of the family there..)
    Merry Christmas Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great turn of events. It is cool that the pup made it home. Now I just hope he will stay there.

    So just how many dogs to you already have?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darrell:
    Let's hope he does stay there. At least I got the dog Micro-Chipped and if he is lost he can be returned.

    I have two dogs: A Black Lab and a Lemon Beagle

    ReplyDelete