Sunday, December 7, 2008

"We got ourselves a Ninja"



"No, I'm not a Ninja, just a white boy from Pickerington".
This was the statement I made to a guy who sounded like he was from Southern Ohio who was just transplanted into the Columbus area.
I ran at Slate Run today for a little bit. I am on call this week and didn't want to stray too far from my car in case I had to leave in a hurry. I got to the park, I realized I left my Garmin at home, and figured I would have to run this one without it.
I found out when I was out on the trail that my pager was not working so I only did a loop. When

We got a little bit of snow the past day or so and I thought what a perfect day to go run at Slate Run. By the time I got there it was late afternoon and enough people had came out that could pack the trail down a bit or, so I thought.

I ended up running about 3 miles which was good enough as I didn't want to be out too long away from work. I'll go out for a longer run tomorrow afternoon when I am off-call for a few hours.
I am looking forward to running out here a little more next week when I take some time off of work.

6 comments:

  1. Cool pictures, but you must be nuts to run in the snow! I can see why you are envious of our trails in Southern California.

    BTW, if you get hurt on the trail this time of year, does it work to throw snow on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom: A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Run: rain or shine, snow or more snow.

    Yes! Throwing snow on injuries work in much the same way as throwing dirt on it does.
    Also soaking in a creek, or pond works as well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great new header pic, Nick.

    And I say if you can run in the cold and the snow dressed as a ninja, then you can run without the garmin. Didn't it feel good to run free?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick neat looking trails, hate the snow.
    I thought running free was to run in the buff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don: A long time ago I heard a ledgend that a crazy Forester liked to run through the hills of Mohican. This wasn't you was it????

    ReplyDelete