Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kipping Pullups

Initially when I was introduced to Crossfit, I discovered what a Kipping Pullup was.
This strange sounding and strange looking pullup had me question why was there so much movement. I mean, I thought a pullup should be strict.
Little did I know that all this extra movement created a lot of power thus increased your fitness level beyond words.
The real kicker though was, could I ever do them?

I am a tad overweight, and way under strong. Not a good combination for attempting pull-ups.
I would not be discouraged though.

I built a nice pull-up bar and installed it in my garage, and the rest was history. -Not quite.

I ended up stressing my left pectoral muscle to the point I couldn't do pull-ups any longer.
So, as I start my Crossfit on Monday, I am a tad worried that this may flare up again.

I found a few links on pull up progressions. regardless if they are kipping or not, I think you still need to have the basic pull up down.
I'm not sure what my trainer will prescribe for me, but I may end up giving this workout program a try. Check out the links below.

Recon Ron
Pull-ups-From Zero to Hero
Mistressing the pull-up

No comments:

Post a Comment