Saturday, December 27, 2008

Filthy 50

I was a little suspicious of our Skills session and what was to come for the WOD.

Today, the instructor "J" was bound and determined to kill us:


The final times were phenomenal (to me anyway). I think one guy finished in something like a little over 14 minutes.
My final time surprised me as I remember when I first did the Filthy 50 my time was like 47 minutes or so. (I'll have to look back and see for sure).

I had a little trouble doing some of the moves because when I come down on the ball of my foot, I had searing pain shooting throughout my foot. I had to a little modification, but the exercise was still effective. I ended up doing 100 jump ropes with one foot. When I did the jumping pull-ups, I landed on one foot, etc. You get the idea.

Anyway, my total time for Filthy 50 was: 26:04


Warm up:
30 Squats
30 Push-ups
100 F-Kicks

Skills: Squats
Push-ups
Abmat sit-ups
Box Jumps
Double unders
KB Swings
Push Press w/dumbells
K2E (Knees 2 Elbows)

Filthy 50:
50 Squats
50 Pull-ups
50 Push-ups
50 Abmat sit-ups
50 Box Jumps
50 Double unders
50 KB Swings
50 Push Press w/dumbells
50K2E (Knees 2 Elbows)

50 Wall Balls

Time: 26:04
To be honest, I nearly threw up on the way home.

5 comments:

  1. That was smoking time! My first time was 42:09, pretty pathetic. I am so impressed that you made such huge improvements. How long between your first and your 2nd Filthy 50?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir.

    Here is the link to my last F50. It's been a while, and I am coming off an injury, so I have a lot to improve on.

    http://runtrailsforever.blogspot.com/2008/07/run-bike-and-filthy-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the F50 one of my faves.
    Catra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sweet time for the filthy 50! It's a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys.
    I didn't think I was going to be able to do "one more" of any of the moves, and then I just dug deep and pushed through.

    ReplyDelete