Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Quadrathon Diner with a Hobgoblin


Here is my diner tonight after a kickin CrossFit workout: Steak and a Hobgoblin Dark English Ale. All part of my Beer, Beef, and Buffalo diet plan. -With the exception of Chocolate Milk and brownies for recovery, and cookies for pre-workout energy. Other than that, it's straight forward. Best of all: It's working.

I'm just now sitting down to read all about Stuart's (aka: Quadrathon) blog and his recent race at PCTR Sycamore Canyon Trail Run. Go here to read all about it.

Good Job Stuart!

Tonight I went off to Rogue a little early as I had a few things to do afterward. I typically go to the noon class on Monday's and 6:30 class the rest of the week.
Today's focus: Turkish Get Ups
Go here to see Cat doing the Turkish Get Ups: TGU 101

Warm up:
800m Run
20 Push Ups
10 Strict Pull Ups

Skill: Hand Stand Push Ups (HSPU) & Turkish Get Ups (TGU)
WOD: "The Acronym"
5 HSPU
10 TGU
400m Run

AMRAP in 20 minutes

My score: 4 Rounds

I'm getting better at the HSPU's. I remember the last time we did these, I couldn't do a single one. This time around, I did them all.

8 comments:

  1. Yumm!! That turkish getup looks pretty tough. Especially with 100 lbs of extra weight (as defined in that link).

    Anyway, great job! I still haven't tried doing a HSPU; sounds tough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially love your diet plan. Anything involving cookies, chocolate milk and beef is pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude.... that is a lot of meat!! You could feed a family of 4 on that for a week. lol!!

    Actually Scott would be all over that kind of meal. beer with steak is his dream meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you can never have enough protein! What better way then washing it down with some ale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to power my psycho CrossFit workouts and weighted vest runs somehow.
    Notice there isn't anything green & leafy on the plate. Beer is enough carbs for that dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn good looking steak and the beer looks great too. The kind of meal I have on Sunday evenings after a long weekend of running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great meal and beer! You're nailing these WODs!

    ReplyDelete