Monday, March 16, 2009

Hill Werk

Today I decided I need to get some hill work in at Chestnut Ridge.
I went to CrossFit today for a Rogue-Style Beat-Down, and was thinking about coming back for the evening session for a second Beat-Down. I must have forgot to put my brain in this morning 'cause I wasn't sure I was thinking at the time.

Since it was way too nice to pass up, I went to over to Chestnut Ridge for a trail run. Time was against me today as I need to get some sleep before I go to work tonight.
The hills at this park are good ones to train the ups and downs. There are walkers, but the first lap around I ran up them all except the mile long hill. I'm not sure I've ever ran up that hill.
Anyway, this has to be a quick blog post.

Totals:
6.03 miles
CrossFit WOD.

5 comments:

  1. Double CF in one day. You are insane.

    Nothing better than a good trail run. So jealous!

    Your previous bike post was great. In your photo your seat looked a little low. Might have been the photo. Something to check. The wrong bike set up can lead to knee pain and NO ONE wants that.

    Not even going to say anything about the wings. Scott and I like it Hot.... wow that sounded wrong...lol!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a sweet loop course. Hills are a necessity.

    Looks like the weather must have been pretty nice too, short sleeves and shorts, yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your in the grips of deep Spring!

    Nice job on the Crossfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robin: The fit seems to be pretty good. The height of the seat believe it or not may be a tad high. I think these aerobars are adjustable in that I could bring them more toward the seat. I think I was sore because it was just the first long ride I've ever done on a bike.

    Darrell: It is a really nice park. Bring on the warm weather.

    Stuart: Thanks. I hope you’re right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like the park I run in - freezing!!!!!!!

    Well taken those hills!

    ReplyDelete