Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back at it

After taking a much needed rest day yesterday, I went out to Rogue Fitness for a little CrossFittin'.
Believe it or not, the warm up of all things left me a tad winded.
This is why I love CrossFit so much. Think of it as daily speed work in disguise.
The workouts vary so much that it never gets boring.

We did Clean & Jerks tonight for the skill. Seems every instructor has been close to beating the Tar out of me because I just don't get the proper way to do them.
I think we figured this out tonight. Typically, the grip should be thumb's length from the inner rings on the bar. For me, as soon as I moved my grip narrower than I should, the lift instantly got easier and everything clicked. I know the reason for this, and it'll just have to be something I have to get used to. Finally, I feel like I got them. Heather (instructor) really worked with me and showed me a few things that just made everything fall in place.
The instructors at Rogue are Top Notch.

I have the beginnings of more blisters on my hands from both pull ups and the Kettlebells.
Sweet!
I am getting stronger on the pull ups. It may seem weird, but I think a lot of this has something to do with the bar. At Rogue, there is the main pull ups system which is awesome, but the outside overhead door there is another pull up station with 1" galvanized pipe.
During the WOD, I walked over to get some air and to try that pull up bar. I busted out 7 kipping Pull Ups in a row without batting an eye. Previously, I could only do 3-4.

Anyway, good work out as always.

Warm up:
250M Run
20 Squats
250M Run
20 Roll Overs

Skill:
Clean & Jerk: 1 Every minute for 15 minutes adding weight as you go.

WOD:
7 Push Press - 115 lbs
10 KB Romanian Dead Lifts
14 Kipping Pull Ups (The last set I did 28 Jumping Pull Ups)
AMRAP (AS Many Rounds As Possible) in 15 minutes

My score: 6 Rounds

1 comment:

  1. Have fun - you merged the blogs. Looks like you had a great training run - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete