Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Forgetting to Post


I forgot to Post this workout yesterday as I had a lot of stuff going on.

Another sweet day at Rogue in the books. The weather was nice so we all know what that means: Running has arrived at Rogue.

Warm up:
500m Row (On my own)
400 Jump Ropes (On my own)
1 Mile run

Skill:
KB Swings (30lb KB. It was too light, so next time, I'll go up in weight)
Deadlifts (I stuck with 135. Testing the waters)
Burpees
Pull Ups
Donkey Kicks

WOD: "Burner" (Gee I wonder what it could be)
20 KB Swings
10 Deadlifts
20 Burpees
10 Pull Ups
20 Donkey Kicks

400m Run

2 Rounds for time:

My time: 15:03

3 comments:

  1. I have a question for you: With all that weight training, how do you incorporate the running? I work out 3 times a week, but I get so sore at times and just really tired (heavy legs) that I can barely run 3 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I wish I could run more. I am still leery about this foot injury I have.
    Cross training (CrossFit) has been a God-Send to me. My running now seems effortless. My heart rate has dropped at least 20 points during a long run since I started CF.
    I have boundless energy most of the time. My supplementation helps too. Here shortly I will start doing Double CrossFit Monday's.
    I am sticking to doing at least my long run every week and CF in between.
    After this 50k in April, I will need to start ramping my running up a bit for some fall adventures.
    As far as running, I get it in when I can. I'll run at night if I have to.

    All this I can assure you still keeps me humble because there are so many incredibly fit people at my CF gym and on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started the gym and all the weight training to prevent injuries, because I had so many. Now I'm really hooked:-) Somewhere there will be a balance.

    ReplyDelete