Friday, April 3, 2009

Old Engine Oil

Since I am bored stiff waiting for Sunday, I decided I'd carb up a little and drink one from my prized stash of beer.
Tonight's pick: Old Engine Oil.
This Beer is brewed in small batches in Scotland at the Harviestoun Brewery
I really enjoy a thick, viscous beer now and again, like every other week or so.
If you look on the label, it says exactly that: Viscous, Chocolatey, Roasty. This beer definitely offers all of those qualities.
While pouring the beer, I couldn't help but to say to myself: "WOW, that looks like used motor oil". mmmmmm.
I was expecting a bitter, overwhelming Stout, but in reality, it was more like a Stout & Swartzbier crossbreed.
I will have to say that Swartzbier is one of my favorite types of beer. Dark, and mild like a Blonde Lager. Essentially, a Swartbier is a Blonde Lager but Dark, and much yummier. -Did I just say yummier?
Anyway, I did enjoy this beer, an really glad I picked it up just to try it.
Have a great weekend, and I'll report back on Sunday.

Please Send Good Vibes to Kim, aka: Trail Goddess
She is running Umstead 100 miler this Saturday/Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment