Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Winter has sucked the Life out of me.

Imagine that. It's snowing again here in Ohio with temps in the 20's. I've had enough. If I didn't have such a good job, I'd be out of Ohio in a hurry.
I think this has been my lack of motivation the past two days. Granted I took it easy after Sunday's race, but in reality, I should have kept the normal training schedule. I was exhausted for some reason ever since Sunday. I woke up today not wanting to do anything, but decided it wasn't acceptable.
I'm not whining, I'm just saying.

CrossFit tonight was a good one. My lower back was hurting on Sunday and got me to thinking that I need to be doing some more "back squats" and "good mornings". We ended up doing 5x5 back squats which gave me a great leg workout.

I decided that I need to start going a little heavier on the AMRAP workouts and not worry about time or the accumulation of rounds. Getting stronger is the key, and I feel that I am getting stronger every week. I was able to do 5 full STRICT pull ups in a row tonight which has never happened. I know this sounds pathetic, but for someone who is 205 lbs and when I started CF, I couldn't do a single pull up.
I'm finding that the 30lb KB's are getting too light, so I switched to the 44lb KB for the swings.

Warm up:
60 Flutter Kicks
20 over head squats (OHS)
20 Push ups
20 Pull ups

Skill: 5x5 back squats

WOD:
30 KB Swings: 20kg = 44lbs
10 Pull Ups ( I did as many as I could without a band, then switched to assisted PU's)
10 Burpees
AMRAP in 20 minutes

My score: 5 Rounds

20kg = 44lbs

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on cool temps! It was nice and sunny this weekend, and then today it was in the 30's. Bah-humbug.

    Nicely done on the workouts though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are speaking for me! It just started to snow again and it feels it will stay winter forever. Thank god we have the gym which we love.

    ReplyDelete