Monday, April 13, 2009

Is everyone reading this sitting down?


Okay, I wanted to let everyone know: I ran today, and skipped CrossFit. Yeah no kidding!
The weather always beats me down and well, I'm so over Winter that I declare today will be the last cold day of Spring.
It was warm yesterday and cold rainy today. Since I couldn't get a run in yesterday, I had to go out in the cold rain today just get some miles in. Turns out, I survived and I'm simply reminded that the cold and rain isn't so bad once you get moving.
I promise, I will start running more. I need more time on my feet.
Today's plan was to run about 10 miles as slow as humanly possible without walking. The plan is to get me used to an extra slow pace for Mohican in June.

I can tell you I was hurting....a little. Kinda surprised me. Right now though, I don't feel like I did any mileage. I guess that's a good thing.

Nevermind the Blinding Green Jacket, Nice sunglasses Dork.


I went out to Slate Run Metro Park and it was raining a little. Later on in the run it was pouring down. I decided to end the run at 9 miles. Below is some of my buddies I ran into while running around the wetlands:
Move it, or your all gonna be dinner.

14 comments:

  1. Skipping what you are used to is damn hard. I haven't skipped much in the last 12 months but when I have I paid for it with guilt. Even if it was misplaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No big deal. I've skipped every workout I had scheduled for the past 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right with ya. I have been cycling a ton and running has slipped to the side. Yesterday I ran 3 miles. I was still very sore from the CF slamming but the 3 miles was better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick,
    Nice run and yes it was wet out there.
    Still planning on camping in my back yard?
    Tomorrow I will drink the present.
    I would have tonight, but I forgot to chill it, so tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nick. Tooth is fine - healed up nicely. Hurt my knee and going through some PT. Should be up and running again soon, although my plans to run an ultra this year have definitely been dashed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trail buddies took a pretty good picture of you on the run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Careful, remember the goose who almost took me out of the fools race. LOL
    I know how hard it is to skip a workout but you've got the 50k coming up anyway. You need to be rested for that crazy course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, I need to put in a few more miles. For some reason I have the cold grip over me. Oh wait, that's just the Winter grip that won't let go.

    Don: I'll see you Saturday.

    Darrell: That was my personal photographer. : )

    Michelle: I am taking the entire week off with the exception of running a little. I CrossFitted up to a few days before the Fools race and I was beyond tired. Not sure if that's what it was or not.
    Good Luck in Boston!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you were right about that last cold day. Well done that 10-miler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh, the canadian geese. nasties. especially now during nesting and hatching season. careful, they are mean!

    great job on the run! baby you were born to ruuuunnnnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, so now you're saying that having some event is an excuse for not having beer. Seems backwards to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. RG: They were hissing and honking at me. If they came at me, I was ditchin in the wetlands for sure. I won't mess with them.
    All Canadians aren't like that are they?

    Ray: You read it correct. For some reason, alcohol really puts a hurtin on me even a few days out from a run. Now, afterwards, is a different story. I have to be my best so I can be sure to be next to last at the finish. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah that's right. You are another Crossfit athlete. Loves steaks and good beer. My friend Samantha is a big believer in Crossfit. I wouldn't survive. I'll join in on the steaks and beer though. It's on the menu for Sunday. Twin Peaks huh, Jessica D's race. I think that's in Southern California. Lots of hills but hotter. I should visit the southern side more, lots of family over there. Well once you're done with that come see us here on the northern side. Good luck at Mohican, I see they are celebrating their 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that crossfit will serve you well when you back out running and training trust me!

    ReplyDelete