Friday, January 2, 2009

Today was my first run of the year. Why did I make it the 2nd day and not the first?
I guess because I don't like to be the norm and bust outside to run the first day of the year. I'm weird like that.
My wife and I lounged around most of the day on 1/1. For some reason I woke up and felt like I just came out of a coma and couldn't find the energy to do anything.
Instead, I did a quick CF workout at home. Nothing big, just enough to get the blood flowing.

Today, I wanted to go to a trail and do a quick run. The temp (44 degrees) was perfect, and no one was out on the trail.

Again, I went off and forgot my Garmin, so it was a nice freeing run with no worry.

I went to Slate Run Metro Park with the idea to just do a couple of loops and then head off to Crossfit for a beating.
It's only been a few weeks, but already I can tell my fitness level has shot through the roof.
There are hills at Slate Run that I have never been able to fully run up all the way.
Today, was a different story. The first hill was nothing at all. The second, which is the most unforgiving, was no problem at all. I was SHOCKED!
The second loop got me to thinking would I be able to make it up these hills the second time around? You betcha.
I was again shocked that I was able to easily run up them.
This gave me such a boost in confidence.

All I can say is: Crossfit rules. -Push hard until you're about to puke.
Totals:
4.3 mile run
Crossfit Workout

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a peaceful park. Today definitely offered some prime running weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, glad you had a good run today. I had a nice run in Mo.
    It was a little cooler up my way.

    Now the year begins.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don, I only wish I lived closer to Mo.
    There will be plenty of time to get up there.

    Luc, It is a very peaceful park. Besides Mohican, it is my favorite.
    We have got to get together sometime and do some runs out in Licking County.

    ReplyDelete