Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No Run tonight

Instead I went off to the gym for a little cross training. I was wanting to go to Crossfit, but decided to utilize my other gym membership a little bit.
I have a few things I wanted to work on that seem to be lacking.
For instance, my gym has an assisted pull-up machine that allows you to offset a percentage of your bodyweight to assist in the pull up. No, I wasn't using all of my bodyweight to help me.

I have found that pull ups are a real weak point in my CF work outs. Typically I use a large rubber band for assistance.
Here is a picture of yours truly getting killed during a WOD with pull ups. As you can see I am hanging on the band that would help raise the fat boy up in the air during the pull up.
Enough with the pull ups.


I went off for some leg presses and found these to be much easier than I last remembered.
After that I headed off for 10 minutes on the Stairmaster.

I didn't get a chance to run today, and may not get to until Thursday. We'll see.

Totals:
Pull ups - 6 sets with 50lbs of assistance
Leg presses: 4 sets of 20 reps
Stairmaster: 10 minutes

3 comments:

  1. What are these pullups you speak of? I've not yet tried these....since elementary school. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working towards two pull ups from a dead hang. I want to show the men in my house that they need to mess with me :)

    ReplyDelete