Sunday, January 25, 2009

Get 'er in when I can

I had high hopes of doing a long run this morning but it didn't pan out.

On Saturday, I tried to take a nap in the afternoon. Seems for years now I haven't been able to take a nap. It's like my body won't let me.
Well, I fell asleep at about 5:00PM, and didn't wake up until 5:15AM. -There Michelle, I took a nap. My body made up for all those years that I couldn't.
Since I was already awake, why not go out for a run?

I headed out to Slate Run to see what I could get into. The temp was a nice 10 degrees out and no one was at the park when I got there. I used my Petzl headlamp which lit up the trail just right.
The trail conditions were not in the best of shape as I almost slipped and fell multiple times. This made for a miserable time. The next time I need to keep my Yaktrax by the door when I head out to the trail.
I made my way down to the pond and by this time, the sun was just barely coming up and the orange sunlight was reflecting off the ice covering the pond.
By this time I was going over in my head which trail to take next and my head lit up with a fierce migraine. Just what I was looking for on my Sunday run.
I ended up walking a bit while I made my way back to my wife’s car. A few times I was able to run but the jostling was too much for my head. I made it back to the car and disappointed with only 3 miles.
I went home was able to get my headache to go away and decided to head to the gym for a run.

The snow was coming down hard at this point, but I was able to make into the gym for a 7 mile run on the treadmill. At least I was able to get the miles in. The run itself for the most part was effortless. I was hoping to get about 10 on the treadmill, but I was getting hungry and started craving a steak. I knew it was time to stop as I was probably burning some muscle at this point.

Tomorrow will probably be Crossfit and possibly a run. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Nick,
    That wasn't a nap, more like a coma! I think you had your headlamp on too tight, I've gotten headaches when its too tight. Good job getting out there and on the treadmill. Next time try to take the nap after a big lunch. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucks that you had to get your miles in on the treadmill instead of the beautiful trails BUT at least you did it.

    So did you have your steak?

    BTW - I agree with Michelle about the coma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 degrees? I wouldn't have even left my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking - headache. See the connection? Clearly you should stop thinking.

    ReplyDelete