Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mohican 100







Here is the link to my favorite race I've never ran. Mohican 100


How's that you say?

I run on the trails any chace I get, and I ran about 20 miles of it one year while the races was going on so I could help remark some trails. It was fun.
Also, I am a 3 year volunteer for the race. It's a lot of fun.

Anyway, registration has now opened for this event. There is the 100 mile and a 50 mile option as well as a "no whining" option. The last option is mandatory.


I beleive I will be signing up soon for the 100 mile option.

I have no idea what to expect from this event. I've ran the trails many times over. I could run them forwards, backwards and blindfolded. I've even ran them knee deep in snow, knee deep in shoe sucking mud, icy conditions. thunderstorms, at night time, daytime, hot, blazing hot, cold, very cold, I've cussed while on the trails, I've had thoughts of hamburgers, french fries, icy coke, and Apple Pies.


With all that stuff in the past, I still think about if I can even do it. The answer is that I don't know until I try. Realistically, I'm not ready, but will try to be ready by then.

I'm just looking to finish the race, and nothing more. If I DNF, who cares cause it will be a learning experience/miles put in for the next race.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a totally awesome race, and a great time....you know, aside from the whole running 100 miles part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,
    You can do it. Just think positive and train and like magic you've done it.
    Of course I have done Mohican 3 times and started 6 times.
    #4 this 20th Anniversary. #1 start was 1990.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 miles...... you are an animal!!! I can not wait to see how the training and race unfolds.

    CHEERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter the outcome of the race it will be hard to have a bad day on some of your favorite trails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for reviews of Mohican 100 and came across your blog. It looks like you're from Pickerington. I lived there a year ago for 6 years.

    Moved from there to Winnipeg, MB Canada

    I'm doing Mohican too. It'll be my first 100 miler.

    Good luck on your training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mike. I will see you at Mohican 2009.

    ReplyDelete