Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tabata Hell

Me in the hat:

This was by far the worst I have ever felt after a CF workout. -I love it.
I was ready to puke halfway through the Tabata.
Last week we did Wall Balls during a WOD, and I thought they were King when it came to the exercise I hated the most. Well, move over Bacon, I got something else that reins King of all suck ass CF exercises: Donkey Kicks.
I know "Hate" is such a strong word, and I really don't mean it. I love all that is Crossfit, and we should embrace all that we hate. -Okay, I'm gonna yak after saying that.
Seriously, I was about to die. I felt it coming on after about 3 rounds of Donkey Kicks. Every nerve in my body was shooting with Pain. I'm not sure if it was a cumulative effect from all the other moves leading up to the DK's but I can tell you everyone was grunting over these.

After the WOD, I decided on a few abmats. Not sure how many I did though. Seems I was too light headed to count.
All in all it was a sweet day at Rogue Crossfit.

Tabata Hell: 20 seconds of work, 10 secs rest for 6 rounds.
Rowing
BTB Squats
Push Ups
Donkey Kicks
KB Swings
Lunges
500m Row


3 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting along so well with CF. It can really be taxing, but I agree with you 100% Got to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tabata row is bad enough on it's own (though we normally do 8 rounds, but that hardly matters). What's a "donkey kick" though, don't think I've come across that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I see. I was right, never tried one of them.

    ReplyDelete