Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Too much Beer? Is that really a Dog?

These are some questions to ponder.


My wife complained: why do you have so many of them?
Do I have too much beer on hand? I mean, what if there is a huge Winter Storm and I cannot make it out for days, or weeks....? What if, what if?
Okay, I truly did not have a Sam Adams Truck break down in my driveway like I previously posted about (unfortunately).

Hey, women see good sales on shoes? I see good sales on beer. End of story.
I was at the Vet the other day getting my Porker Pups checked out and to my amazement and overall shock, this was truly a dog peering back at me through the window. Originally, I walked by the room and thought they had a small cow in there. I know what yer thinkin. Why do I have my camera with me? Answer: To catch pictures like this because no one ever believes me about my 'Tall Tales" No pun intended.

Is it possible that this dog could get any taller? My goodness his owner looked like she could have saddled him up and rode him out of the vet's office. I over heard her say: 'Awww, he's just a puppy"
What does she load him up in after they walk out? A compact Beemer.
Man, I bet he eats about 20 lbs of food a day. Beautiful dog regardless.

13 comments:

  1. Those are some long legs!! maybe Scott should carry a camera around as well. He can tell some "tall tales" himself at times.

    You better drink that Octoberfest before I come and get it. You are just mean posting a picture of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your fridge?

    Well, you're working hard - you deserve some beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin: I will have to break that bottle of Octoberfest open soon. I think it is only good for a few more weeks. You must believe Scott because these things really do happen.

    Stephanie: It sure is my fridge.
    My wife made such a huge deal about it that I figured it would make for a decent blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no such thing as too much beer. Let me know if/when you need a hand with those. ;)

    I have quite a collection in my garage as well (Heineken & Sam Adams). Your collection absolutely dwarfs my sissy collection though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick,
    I counted only 24 beers. Now if there was a snow emergency and I was stuck at home, 24 beers would only be 1 days worth. Rob would be in trouble after 1/2 a day.
    I fix that problem at my house. I got my own large refrigerator and keep necessary quantities of beverages, just in case of emergencies or Rob Powell stops over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luc, what kind of Sam Adams do you like? You are right, there is no such thing as an over abundance of Beer.

    Don: I need to set myself up a Kegerator so when I brew some batches I will have plenty on Tap.
    That way I can entice you guys down this way for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so that's the fridge door? what's in the rest of the fridge? chicken wings? nachos? pretzels?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, I don't think beer is Paleo :-)

    I walked out of a vet's exam room once with my little Shelty and there was a Great Dane standing on the other side of the door. There wasn't a window in the door, so I wasn't prepared. Kind of freaked me out. Biggest dog I've every seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tony: It's the Paleo for Beer Lover's Diet...; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nick, I love you man! errr I mean your fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rob: I bet you do. If I had known I was going to go to Mohican today, I would have stashed some SA for you along the trail.

    You are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darrell: You should have heard his bark.

    ReplyDelete