Monday, February 9, 2009

Sick, Twisted, Fun

This picture was actually taken a little while back when we were doing Rowing Relays. I was laying on the floor as noted by the arrow. This is what I can't wait to get back to.



This past week or so has left me unbeleivably sick from some medicine my doctor has me on. I've since stopped taking it and will see if it helps. I was feeling as if I was poisoned. Constant headache, severe nausea. Insane pain for sure. Nothing good at all.
The past three CF sessions left me with a severe migraine, but I was able to push through at my own pace to finish it out.
Regardless of what it is, I hope it stops real soon.

Today's WOD was a real treat as always. For the Skill we focused a little on something that I suck so bad at:

Kipping Pull Ups.

I was actually looking forward to the day that we could get some instruction on this and today, it finally came.

When I first started doing CF on my own, I thought I was going to rip my arm out of it's socket. I can barely do pull ups because of this, but so far it felt really good and I had no issues doing these today.
With the instruction I got today from Troy, I think I will have enough to work on these.


Warm Up: (Standard Pre-Beating)

20 Push ups
30 Squats
1000m Row

Skill: (Insight into the "The Beating")
Kipping Pull Ups


WOD: (Main Beating)
B 2 B Squats
Push Ups
Pull Ups
Flutter Kicks

8 Rounds of Tabata for each group.
We all finished in 17:00.


Warm Down: 100 abmat sit ups ( I couldn't do these as my head was pounding.)

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such a great job! Way to go! I am so glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better, soon! Way to push through!

    ReplyDelete