Monday, February 16, 2009

Kipping Pull Ups

Tonight we worked on Kipping pull ups again at Rogue. I was really glad we did as I think the more I do them the closer I am to being able to get more and more of them in a row. Right now, I think I'm up to 1 1/2. -Kidding, but not too far off. Maybe more like 4 with the kip. This isn't bad since when I started CF, I couldn't do 2 kipping pull ups. I always felt like my arm was being pulled out of it's socket. In reality, I don't practice these as much as I want to.
I'm able to do the swing part better than anything and feel that I am really close to getting these.

I've got about 2/3's of the kipping pull up down. It's the last 1/3 that gives me trouble.
Practice makes perfect I guess. I think jumping pull ups and assisted pull ups should help with this.

The WOD was a little tough for me again but I worked through it with yet another pounding headache. Seems the Burpees is what made it start hurting. I switched to doing 2 push ups to one full Burpee.
I always feel bad when I have to modify my WOD, and then still post a quicker time. Not sure on this one.

Warm up:
60 KB Swings
20 Push ups
10 Pull ups
Skill:
Kipping Pull ups

WOD:
10-1 Regression
Pull ups
KB Swings
Burpees - Modified to 2 push ups per 1 Burpee.

Ran 11 miles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment