Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting a few Strange Looks today.....

Okay, I know you all have been on the edge of your seats waiting for an update, well, it is here.
I have been incredibly sick, but seem to push through it when and where I can.
Today I went out for a run and ended up getting 3.5 miles out and had to stop and walk back home. I ended up getting a migraine again. Next time I think I'm just gonna hop on the treadmill to warm up before I go out for a real run.

I decided to go back out to the gym and run on the treadmill since I felt better. I was incredibly nauseated, but I thought to myself, hey this is good Ultra training.

I was getting a lot of strange looks tonight because I was running and had a bottle of pop in my hand and drinking it while running. I stopped at the store to pick up a bottle of Ginger Ale to sip on while I ran. What did they know anyway.

I must be a glutton for punishment because after the initial run of 3.5 mile run, not counting the 3.5 mile walk back, I ended up doing another 7.5 miles plus a CF workout: "Cindy".
Again I was getting strange looks while doing this workout. Maybe it was deserved, but again, what did they know?

Totals:
11 miles total
CF WOD: "Cindy"

9 comments:

  1. A workout named Cindy; interesting. Did you feel like a cigarette afterward? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Cigarette for me...ugh. Probably the most nauseating thing in the world..more so than Crossfit.
    But....Crossfit is always fun, and Cindy is one of my favorite workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could get away with drinking pepsi during my runs, i'd do it. I do however drink it before and after! Not much of a water/gatorade person. Lol
    Glad to see your not letting the sick stuff get the better of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you are like my wife. She is a Coke person and claims that it is the "Nectar of Life".
    She repels water and anything that resembles "healthy".
    You guys kill me. I look at a Coke/Pepsi and the weight is on.

    I am trying my best to get back at it. I'm wanting to go to Mohican on Monday since I cannot make it Saturday or Sunday. You guys have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your migraines are starting to worry me. May want a doctor to check that out.

    BTW - you are crazy for sending me that Nathan waist belt. It is the BOMB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said it before and I'll say it again; all this Crossfit is going to pay off, but like Robin says check out the old noggin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there and second looks at your head is also good....

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey nick, maybe they were really looking at your legs! :)

    ReplyDelete