Monday, March 3, 2008

Mohican Fun Run


Okay, So I didn't heed Rob's warning of the bad trail conditions of Mohican.

I thought possibly since the weather was so nice the past couple of days that the snow would have had a chance to melt by now. -Wrong.

I started out at the Covered Bridge and was planning on running the Red/Green trails and then possibly part of the Orange trail for a total of 21-26 miles
As soon as I started on the mountain bike trail, I knew I was in for a fun time. The trails were pretty much as you see them in the picture below. At one point, I was following someone’s tracks from a previous run/hike. The imprint of their Yak Tracks were still embedded in the snow.
If it weren't for them, I would have gotten lost. At one point they had gotten off trail, as I did, but soon found their way back on.




It was real slow going until I found some trail that looked like this:






But, as you can see from the photo below, this is what it looked like most of the time:





The footing was so bad that all I could do was walk/slide my way around and up the hills. Yak Traks were not meant for conditions like this which is why I did not wear them.



Once I got to Bridal Staging, I turned around and ran the road back to the Covered Bridge. A day busted in my book. It was good to get up there though as I have been looking forward to it for a while.


At one point it took me 20 minutes to go 1 mile. I was working so hard going up the hills.


Totals: 4miles.......time: 1:02:52

3 comments:

  1. aaahhh! look at all of that snowy muck! hopefully the weather will break (for real) soon...

    i am an outdoor track kind of a girl. i know some people can get into OSU, but i dont like breathing indoor air when i run (sounds crazy, i know) so i've been doing farleks x 85940285490 so far and just run at the P. North track when i can. except that i always get locked in :( i hope it stays pretty clear. i'm visiting the track sunday for some 1000s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nightmare up there.
    Hardest stuff I've ever ran in.
    Mud is easier to run in that that.

    Isn't it cool to have two tracks side by side to run on?
    Actually, Pickerington Central makes 3.
    3 Tracks, 2 nice CC courses, endless roads and a very cool Running Store...Why leave Pickerington?
    Actually, it is much warmer in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww owie! I knew from my dog walk earlier that it was not a trail running day. But at least you got outside in some nice weather!

    ReplyDelete