Thursday, March 6, 2008

King of the Hill or so I thought

Tonight's plans called for a little hill work which I know everyone is fond of.
I warmed up first with a 3 mile run on the treadmill, then headed out for some hill repeats in a muddy field behind my subdivision.
Earlier in the day, I took my Lab and Beagle out for a walk and this was their choice of a place to walk. Of course they were muddy from tip to tail.

With that knowledge, I knew this would be a fun, muddy mess.

In this picture, you can see the hill that I was headed towards. The picture does no justice. I ran hill repeats with no real structure laid out ahead of time. At this point, I was just testing the water. I knew I wanted resistance, and mud + hill= fun time.
The repeats felt really good as I continued to add variety to the workout. Some parts were really short and steep while other were long and more forgiving. The mud made for a real bear of a time as you all know running in mud is fun!

In the first picture, I stumbled up this short incline about umpteen million times. I'm gonna be sore. -I hope.
It wasn't Mohican shoes sucking mud, but it was still difficult to keep your footing while keeping up an effort.

Here are my Hardrocks after the run. What's wrong with wearing these in the house?
After the hill workout, I came in a rode on my newly found bike that works like a charm. -(See previous post.)



Totals: 3.25 Miles.........Time: 28:15............Treadmill
2 Miles.........Hill Repeats
5 Miles.........Bike

I call it: "Footprints in the Mud"





2 comments:

  1. sorry about the prediction run...ugh. snow. its on for next week. did you run in it? i sludged through....
    i dont know what its doing outside right now (it sounds loud and terrible...)
    just wanted to let you know that i got an email saying the muddy feet trail run was moved. hopefully you got it too, just lettin ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No biggie on the P.R. Nothing you guys can do about the weather.
    Better safe than sorry.
    I did not run in it. I kind of wished I did but played it safe and stayed inside.

    I just hope Josh and others don't have issues going to LBL.
    I hope the trail conditions are better than what I ran on at Mohican on Monday.

    -I saw earlier that Muddy Feet was cancelled. Not sure I'll be doing it next week or not.

    ReplyDelete