Sunday, March 30, 2008

I think I have posted this before:

Being on-call sucks.

I was paged once last night about an hour after I fell asleep, and then again this morning before I went out for my run. I had about 5 hours of sleep.

Anyway, I started out on my run this morning around 9:00. I started out walking and when I reached the end of my street I started out slowly. I got two blocks away, and I see these cute little Toe-Headed Twins on the street corner. I walk up to them and say "hey" and they started looking at me weird and started grumbling while backing away from me. I said "Hey, I won't bite" They responded in their language: "But, I will" (I think it was French)

I decided there wasn't much I could do to get them to go back to their place and I started running again. Next thing I know, they are running next to me. Then they start out running me.

I'm like come on man, your legs are shorter than mine!

I was able to snap a picture of them as they ran away from me. I eventually found their home and they ran back into their own yard.



(Yes, I know my humor is twisted a little)

Back to the run:

I had planned to throw in some walking in today's run as I need to prepare for a few Ultras I have planned this coming season. The plan was 15 miles today and some stationary biking and some cross training.

I got 6 miles into my run and got paged again. I stopped at home and started working again. So, if I get a chance, I will go back out for another run today to finish up 9 miles or whatever I can.

There were a lot of dogs out today, and I even ran into a cat walking out in front of me on the road. Luckily none of them wanted to bite my leg off.


To Be continued...................

Looks like all I am going to get in today is 6 miles. I ended up walking parts of the run for a reason but, I ran all the hills. I have been on calls all day and looks like there is no end in sight.

Totals: 6miles......1:02:50.......10:28 (walked 4 or 5 times not sure on amount of time walked)

1 comment:

  1. Ne regardez pas savent que c'est que l'homme ultra courant, a vite laissé lui montrer nos fonds

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete