Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quick Recovery Run and a Rambling or Two.

I started out with great ambitions of running another 10 or so miles tonight. The weather was so nice, that a run was in order. I decided to run the same route I ran yesterday, but for some reason, my body was revolting. What could it be? Hmmmm. Could it have been from when my dog woke me up half way through the day? Could it have been the fact that I didn't eat anything when I got up? -Probably both.
Anyway, I just wasn't feeling it, and decided to take it easy and run a slow recovery run. I also decided to skip hill repeats too. Hmmm, what else should I skip today? Work?
I was running so slow, I could count the pebbles as I ran by them.
I need some of them Rockets that Pickle uses. (Sorry Josh)

Here is a picture of this giant tree I have always ran by but never noticed. I must always be on my Zen mode at this point.
This tree is probably so big since it is at the foothills of Mt. Pickerington.


As I ran out onto Route 256 and head back into town, I hear a honking of a horn off in the distance. I look back and it is this crazy woman is trying to run me over. Okay, that is not the full truth but still made for a good story. It is my wife trying to pick me up so I can buy her dinner.

How did she know where I was? I try to keep my runs a secret!

At this point, I said what the heck and hopped into the car and it was off for a Philly Cheese Steak and Fries. -Hey, I just ran 6 miles. I deserve a little love.

Speaking of "Love" can you identify this Red UFO I spotted in a field close to where I was running?


Totals: 6 Miles.....Time: 59:30.......9:55Pace

6 comments:

  1. It's all happening out your way, refueling jets, UFOs, crazy car driving wives...give me earthquakes any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SLB,
    Not sure what boring stuff you got going on out in California, but I can tell you: It is all happening here my friend.
    We got it all.
    (Secretly, I'd love to switch you places. I can't handle all this fun here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The UFO is a red ball thingy to warn a pilot that there is a wire of some sorts in the air. Tiny little airfields use these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had some of those rockets too!

    I thought the UFO was a heart shaped balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay guys, enough of the suspense.

    Josh is right. It is a Mylar balloon from someone’s Valentines Day.
    It was a really high in the sky when I first saw it.
    By the time I got my camera out, a Thermal blew if down closer to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! I'm pretty good at Identifying Unidentified Flying Objects, maybe I should get a job with NASA?

    ReplyDelete