Tuesday, March 11, 2008

20 Mile night

I have been continually falling into a rut that seems to haunt me on a weekly basis.
I am not sure if it is the crappy weather we have been having or not. I awoke today and found myself dreading my run I had planned. Not sure where this came from. Plus, this is NOT good!
I was on a serious mindset at the beginning of December to run a few Ultras this Spring and Summer.
I ended up getting really sick and fell off the wagon. For some reason, that wagon never stopped to pick me up, and I have been chasing it ever since.

I have been so lucky to have found this bike that someone, for some reason, has discarded.

I hopped on it tonight and rode while watching Full Metal Jacket.
After that, I jumped onto the treadmill for a quick run before I start work.

Now that I am done, I feel much better about training and cannot wait until my next run/workout.
I'm just not sure why some days, I wake up and dread my next run. Running should not be work; it should be something that should be enjoyed.


Totals: 5 Miles..........Time:47:52.......Pace:9:34
Bike: 15 Miles.........Time: 60:00

8 comments:

  1. Nice cross training! I will be using more cross training after I complete my last and final 100 miler in June!!!!!! Let me know when you will be at MO next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have a long run this weekend. I would like to get 40 miles in. Not sure wht MO will be like condition wise after the melting. I need some trails to run it on. Any ideas and want to do some miles with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob,
    I need this weather to break so I can do some more running outside.

    I am not sure what this weekend will bring.
    Sunday is my birthday which is why I wanted to get in some combination of a run/bike to equal 34 miles. I don't think I can muster out that many miles yet.

    Another reason I am not sure what I am planning is because the following day I have to take my dog to OSU for total hip replacement. I may end up just doing the Muddy Feet Trail race and then spend the rest of the day preparing for when I have to bring him home.
    It is supposed to rain all day Saturday, so not sure what the conditions will be like at MO.
    I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nick
    you've had the winter blues with being sick and all. I think once the weather breaks it will get a little better. Good luck with the doggy surgery next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kim,
    Your right. I am really starting to not like Winter at all.
    The whole getting sick deal was a real set back. It literally knocked me off my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think everyone goes through "the rut" at some point. some days i actually have chocolate waiting at the end of my run :)

    i think the sunshine and soon-to-be spring temps will help you out! and maybe the predition run too!!!

    happy early birthday! and i will keep good thoughts for your pup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We may not always look forward to every run, but we defintely always feel better after we're finished! I hope the doggy surgery goes well! Happy B-day...old man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I wish I was 34 again...a dim and distant memory. Stick with young'n Spring is just around the corner and it will slip into you step on no time.

    Look on the bright side, I got my first sun burn of the year last weekend!

    ReplyDelete