Friday, September 5, 2008

Food Review


Okay, I have never done a "Food Review" (I don't think), but for some reason, I have felt compelled to let all 3 of my blog readers know about this wonderful sweetener: Organic Raw Blue Agave Nectar by Wholesome Sweeteners Inc.


This stuff is Low on the Glycemic Index. Meaning, it won't spike your blood sugar like other sweeteners (uhhhhhh..... High Fructose Corn Syrup) because it is slowly absorbed into the blood stream. It is 1 1/4 times sweeter than sugar so it takes less to sweeten your food/drink.

This stuff ROCKS!
I just cooked up some whole wheat pancakes (at 3:00AM ET) with a little bit of the Blue Agave Nectar on top and I have zero guilt.
I even put this in my ice tea and it tastes great. Better than that Splenda crap.

The downside: This little bottle will set you back $5.00 for 11.75 ounces.
But, I guess it is worth it if you cannot handle the sugar cravings.
If anyone knows where I can buy a 50 gallon drum of this stuff let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to type before I type!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good stuff, Iv've used instead of Splenda for pancakes, muffins etc.

    Ytu Trader Joes, if there's a store near you, it'll be cheaper there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, it's on the grocery list. If it's sold around here, then my wife will find it! :) You sold me! Thanks Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. SLB, your right. Trader Joe's does have it. I just need to make the trek to go get some.

    Luc,
    I got this Blue Agave at Meijer.
    I cannot remember if it was in the Mexican or Sugar Isle.

    ReplyDelete