Thursday, July 31, 2008

50-50-50

I just got back from the Movie premier of Dean Karnazes' "Ultra Marathon Man" movie.

I was so excited to see this movie as I have been waiting a while to see it.
It covers Dean's impressive 50 Marathon's, 50 States, 50 days.
Dean is an Ultra runner, Motivational Speaker, and Author.
I've never met Dean, but I think he would be such a cool guy to hang out with as he seems to be such a down to earth, and inspiring person.

I remember when my good friend Laura bought me his book for Christmas a few years back.
I took the book home and read nearly the entire thing that night, and finished the last few chapters at work the following day. I could not put it down. I've since then, re-read the book at least 5 times.


The movie took us through all of the marathons Dean set out to run. Some of the marathons were scheduled events, and others were ran on the course where that city's marathon would have taken place.

I don't want to go into great detail about the movie, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed it, and how inspiring it was to see Dean finish another amazing feat.
I would have to end this entry with the best quote of the movie was made by Dean's daughter Alexandria:
"It's not how many times you fall down, it's how many times you get up"

Isn't that the truth. Simply stated:
Never Give Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment