Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've been busy. I know. I have not posted anything lately. Not that anyone is reading.

Anyway, I ran 5 miles tonight. Miserable as always. My heart Rate Maxed out at 191 with an average of 171. I think I ended up walking about 6 times just to bring it down. I was telling my wife that it is really weird. My body feels like it is ready to go, but my heart just can't keep up. There is no way I am over doing it as my pace is as slow as a snail. Any more I'd be walking.
There is no way my hydration has anything to do with it. I find it ridiculous that I would have to dial it in this tight just to walk a thin line like this.

If things don't pick up in the next month or so, I will see if there is something else I can do in terms of looking for a new doctor. All tests have turned up good. But seems to me something is wrong.

I never ran on Sunday like I said I was going to. I woke up really late, and by the time I did, it was way too hot outside to put in any good mileage. I got a lot of work done around here instead.

There is always tomorrow.


Totals: 5.06 Miles
No Crossfit the past few days.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Rob. I will do just that.
    I've looked back in my log book and noted that my heart rate has always been high so to speak.
    We'll see if I can get this under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that my heart rate is at least 10-15 beats higher when the humidity is high and it is hot (above 80 degrees).
    Since 192 is my measured max HR the 191 would concern me. The 171 would be about 156-161 if it was cooler and low humidity. Fatigue will set in, it always gets me when it's humid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, a new visitor to your blog. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm training for my first marathon and looking to do a 50K next summer. Hope all is well and you're able to conquer the trails soon.

    Joe
    www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com
    schulmanwriter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don,
    Thanks for the info. I was going to ask you more on this as Rob had mentioned. Any advice on this is always appreciated.

    Hey Joe, best of luck on the training. I think I will be fine as soon as I get a few kinks worked out. Sometimes I think I take on too much.

    ReplyDelete