Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday Morning:

Heather and I drove all night, well, I drove, she slept. I had to fill up 3 times at $60.00 a pop. We got to Nags Head North Carolina at about 9:00AM ET, but had about a hour's drive left to our destination on the Outer Banks. The drive was incredible. We had not been down here for over 8 years, and the memories started to flood our minds. The air was humid, salty, and filled our Jeep. The tall sea grasses, the smell of fish, the blue skies, the warm aqua blue water off in the distance. We were home.

We drove out onto the beach for the first time. I found it slightly difficult to drive on deep, dry sand. Definitely 4 wheel drive was needed. A few times I thought I was going to get stuck. My wife and I had waited over 8 years to be able to drive out to the furthest point on the Outer Banks. -Cape Point. More on that to come later. While waiting to check into our home for the next week, I fell asleep in the car. A much needed nap after all that driving. After the power nap, I felt a little more recharged We were both exhausted by the time we got into our Rental home. More on the rental to come later as well.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tom,
    Thanks!
    We had a lot of fun. More vacation stuff to follow.....

    ReplyDelete