Friday, August 22, 2008

Tues-Wed-Thur Vacation post

Tuesday end of the day: Coquina Beach

Good pups enjoying a cone and a ride back home to our home:


Beautiful end to our Tuesday evening. It was hard to tell where the sky ended and the water began. These two pictures do no justice. It is something you just have to experience for yourself.



Wednesday: Water on the grass and flowers is not a good sign:

My wife and I started off our day going over to Ockracoke Island. The weather forcast was not good, but we decided to go anyway. Here is a picture of my wife in the back of my Jeep on the Ferry.
One of many ferries moving cars and people back and forth. The overcast raining sky doesn't look promising for our day:


My poor wife is determined to not let this rainy day ruin her time on beautiful Ockracoke Island. She's out looking for that elusive Sand Dollar. She never found a whole one, but was able to find two broken ones.

Getting a run in on the beach:

No one around us for miles:


My wife is down, but not out. Crappy weather and bad shelling for this beachcomber.

4 comments:

  1. The whole series of vaction shots are great, looks like a fab place to visit, we've travelled all over the South Wwest but have never really been to the South East, you're selling it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey S.
    North Carolina is a very beautiful place. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a bad spot on the east coast.
    I need to get together my plans to go out west next year. I would bet that it is more beautiful out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick thanks for all those inspirational photos. It did make me very zealous as I love the beach and ocean. The shot that got me the most was your dogs eating an ice cream cone. If there's ice cream it would have been a battle for it.
    I sure hope you did not eat all that fried food in the big photo banner.
    Oh never mind you are on vacation enjoy.
    I love South Carolina beaches also. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Thanks Don. I have a few more to post beofre I go off of vacation mode.
    The fried food you see was eaten. It was good, but I can say I NEVER eat stuff like this back here at home. The only exception is vacation, and I have not had fried food like this in over 9 years.
    You cannot beat North Carolina style Hush Puppies or fried fish, shrimp, clams.....oh boy I'm drooling again.

    ReplyDelete