Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday Saturday Final Vacation post

Here is the last series of pictures from our vacation.

My wife and I were supposed to go on a Kayak Eco Tour and the company bailed on us at the last minute.
We decided to shop around a little bit in Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, and Nags Head. We also went over to Manteo and Roanoke Island.
I wanted a beer since I hadn't had one nearly the entire time we were there. I saw a Grain Storage Silo outside a restaurant and new there was some micro brew going on there.
The place we stopped was the Outer Banks Brewing Station. I think it was in Kill Devil Hills.
Anyway, I decided I wanted sampler with my dinner. That way I could get a taste of all the beers. I had a Carolina Pulled Pork and some pups. My wife and I shared the desert.
After that, we decided to go back down to Hatteras Island and do some beach stuff.
The water was warm and seas were calm. Seems this is the only way to get my wife into the water.

The following day we decided were we going to hit the beach. Notice how much more heavier the seas are compared to the pics above. This was the same place different days.
This day was when my camera was hit by a wave that came up and soaked all of our beach gear.
I need to start looking for a new camera.

My wife and I on the final days, hit Ocracoke Island. We really liked the beaches there. It was named the "Number 1 Beach in America" two years in a row. Too bad I didn't have a camera and you'd see why.

We were ready to come back home it seemed as we've had enough of the stress that vacation can take on you. we just simply could not relax for some reason.
We cleaned up our rental home and packed up the Jeep for the long drive back to Ohio.
It took us 18 hours to get home. From Hatteras Island to Richmond Virginia we averaged 40 MPH. The traffic was unreal. We ended up getting lost because of the traffic jams and almost ended up in DC.
I guess the adventure didn't end on the Islands.

Thanks for allowing me to post my vacation photos on my training Blog. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the stories.

My wife riding the waves:



Must have lost her Bikini:

Now, check out this next picture. Notice how calm the water is. Now, scroll down to the pictures after this one. Notice how the waves were much bigger the next day.


Same Pier as above the day after:


This is a grown man. Look at how big the waves are coming in.


Me getting smacked by a big wave:


Paddle fat boy!


I am in this washing machine somewhere:



Beached Lilly-White Assed Whale: (Say that 10 times fast)


Two Labs at play:

I swear it was just the dogs I was taking a picture of:

Nice Carolina Pulled pork with Vinegar Sauce, Slaw and a few beer "samples".

Dessert:
The End

3 comments:

  1. Nick, I sure enjoyed your vacation posts. It appears as though you had a great time! Enjoy your tonight and tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time! Great pictures. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luc,
    Thanks for visiting. I did enjoy it, and Yes Rob, I wish I was there too. We did have a great time. Too bad we realized after we came back.

    ReplyDelete