Monday, August 18, 2008

Turtle run

Turtle run meaning: I ran slow as dirt. I bike slow as dirt too. -I need a road bike. Any donations???? -Kidding.

This run turned out great. I basically ran based on feel, which lately has not gone well for me.
I think I have let that damn HR monitor get to me.
This time I did not look at it the entire run. I had a much more relaxed run regardless of pace.

Alright Don,

I figured out my max HR the other day which turns out to be 205BPM. - Damn!
My max HR for this run was: 191 with an average of 171.
Your right. My age: 34, Max HR of 205....seems the formulas are off a little for some people

Weird the mileage for both run and bike turned out the same. I ran/biked different routes.

Run: 5.06 miles: 51:38
Bike 5.06 miles: 27:33

2 comments:

  1. Nick,
    Turtle Run with your range 171 HR (83%) and 191 (93%) with your max at 205. Hmmmmmmm!
    It sounds to me that your out of shape.
    I had one of my young athletes doing an easy run with some fast pace running mixed in. He was having trouble doing the fast pace. So I checked his heart monitor and he was at 183. Running very easy. Now he was out of shape. Of course only having 25 miles under his belt for the summer may be an indicator.
    The heart monitor does not lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right Don.
    I need to get back into my routine and stay consistent.

    ReplyDelete