Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday

Monday was another great day on Hatteras Island.

Heather and the kids (minus me) got up early and took a walk before getting me up for the day.
We decided to take off and do some exploring. We stopped at a few specialty shops and bought some souveniers and homemade fudge.

We then drove up North from Buxton to Avon and drove out onto the beach. We basically had the entire beach to ourselves for miles.

We then decided it was just getting too hot, and thought a nice dip in the Ocean was in need.
I drove south to Frisco and stopped at the Frisco Pier for our favorite swimming hole.

Here is a picture of me constantly looking for big waves. Actially I was looking for sharks, but doesn't hurt to look for big waves.

After a while in the sun, we decided to hit a local food joint for some of our favorite seafood: Hush Puppies: Okay, you caught me. they have no seafood in them, but you cannot get these at Long John Silvers.

My dog and I went out to Cape Point for some fishing while my wife napped with the Beagle. See the large picture above. We didn't catch anything. Didn't really need to. I was so relaxed and didn't want that day to end.

I came back and decided to check my crab trap. I caught one! Yes, just one, but I did catch one!
He was way too small so I decided to release him. It was hard to catch the crab in the trap to let him out, so I decided I wouldn't try for more.

Now, Tell Me this isn't a gorgeous picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment