Friday, July 25, 2008

50 minute run and WOD: "Jeremy"

I decided tonight was going to be a really relaxing run, and it turned out to be such a nice one.

This run in particular got me to think back when I was training for my second marathon.
It would take me about a 1/2 mile to get into my "Zone".

The Zone for me was never achieved if I started out too fast. Tonight, I started out super slow and stayed that way until I felt that familiar "Zone" I believe that didn't come until about 1 1/2 miles into my run. My heart rate didn't climb much until the end of my run. I think it maxed out at 172. -I'll take that. Toward the end of the run, I felt good enough to go another 10 minutes, but decided to save myself for my WOD.
After my run, I took a minute to re-hydrate, and off to my garage for another round of sweat and near-tears.
The WOD was modified "Jeremy" :

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
45 pound Overhead squats
Burpees ----Burpees suck ass by the way.

I kept the intensity up on this workout, and thought I was going to die and/or power puke.

The Filthy 50 I did the other day took me actually a lot longer than I originally stated. -Okay, I busted myself out. I stopped the clock every time I took a water break or a near-puke break.

Totals:
50 minute run at easy pace
WOD: "Jeremy" time: 9:57 (no stopping the clock)

No comments:

Post a Comment