Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Today was a good day. Everything started off the way it should. I got good sleep, good breakfast, good everything.
The temps starting off were ideal running. I believe it was in the low to mid 60's, and by the time I finished, it was about 69 degrees.

I have been trying my hardest to dial in my hydration and attempt to keep my heart rate under control. I decided to start the run off very very slow.

It seemed to help a lot. I need to just slow down and hold back even though I feel like I can run a little harder. When I would come to a hill, I would run until my heart rate got up there a little, then I would back off and walk until the HR was back in control.

As far as hydration and supplementation, I took 3- S! Caps with 5 ounces of water before the run, and 3 more Caps with about 20 ounces of Succeed! Ultra about an hour into it, another 20 ounces in the remaining miles, and then a final 3 Caps with another 20 ounces when I was done.

Total fluid intake: 65 ounces before, during, and after the run.

My HR seemed to stay stable, and I never felt fatigued to where I had to stop and walk.
We'll see if this experiment hold true on future outings.

The only thing interesting on my run was I stopped at the Kerr Indian Mound that I have passed a few times while running/cycling. I've lived in this town for over 7 years and never stopped there to see it.
It was kind of weird to see an Adena Indian Mound and then houses built so close to it. Actually, there are Indian Mounds all over Ohio. Kinda cool.







Totals: 9.15 miles....Time: Too slow to register on this Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment