Sunday, November 23, 2008


Who's the Dork in the Bright Green Jacket?

Okay, if you must give up on trying to guess, it's me.

I finished out the day with a short Ride around the 'hood. It was about 44 degrees out when I took off which is a lot warmer than this mornings' temps in the low teens. I put the aerobar on my bike, and nearly wiped out on a downhill. It's gonna take some time to learn to control my bike while ridding it.
I wasn't able to get a swim in today since I got to the gym way too early and the pool didn't open until noon.

My workout went really well. My foot had a few twinges in it. I'm putting these "twinges" off as nothing more than achyness from immobility the past month or so.
I started out on the elliptical and went straight into leg work. After that I decided my foot was feeling really good and I went back up to one of the treadmill areas for some POSE running. I didn't do much running as I just want to do a little bit of POSE running each time I go to the gym. Mainly to build up strength in my feet, but it seems wise to not over do anything new right now.

POSE running if you don't know, has you forefoot striking on the balls of your feet.
I practiced putting pressure on that part of my foot while on the elliptical and noticed the pain in my feet went away.

SIDE NOTE:
Congrats to Stuart, aka: Quadrathon on his 1 year anniversary of Ultra running. He ran the PCTR Pt. Mugu 50k today. I am assuming he did well, and will be waiting for a race report soon.
Also, a big congrats to Kim, aka: The Trail Goddess who ran a grueling 50k herself. The elevation changes on this course are nothing to laugh at. Can't wait to read all about it.

Rehab Totals:
30 minutes on elliptical
3.44 mile ride through the hood.
.5 mile POSE run on treadmill
Leg/core workout

5 comments:

  1. Man that is one wicked bike.... love the all black.

    Just had an awesome friend give me some aerobars today. So excited about this.

    No winter riding gear :( It will be the trainer for me this winter. Still it is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I was thinking the same thing. This may be the only ride I get in this winter. We'll see.
    I do love my bike.

    I just used my winter running gear as I cannot afford to go out and buy even a pair of winter riding gloves. Actually, I did buy the jacket, but that is needed for riding on the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohiopyle cracks me up. It just doesn't sound like a place I'd like to go or least not step in.

    You continue to mix it up on the workouts. Good for you. Go slow with that foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nick!

    Do you really need an insulated bottle I would go with a Thermos!

    Looks like a sweet bike now it's on the road. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darrell: That name always cracks me up too. The first time I saw it, I was like: Really, that's the name? Too funny.

    SLB: It was a heatwave that day. I think it got up to 44 degrees. But, I do have two small Thermos's that will fit perfect;y in the PD Aqua Rack. -Very cool.

    ReplyDelete