Thursday, November 20, 2008

Started out tonight with plans to go to the gym for a quick workout consisting of time on the elliptical and some leg work. It's getting harder to drag myself out the door since it has gotten colder and darker sooner.

I ended up doing 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by......a run on the treadmill.
It wasn't much, but I was able to run without any issues with my foot. It was a very slow mile, but still a mile. It felt good to finally do a little running. At least build a some confidence in my foot.

I finished out the workout with some leg press, calf raises, and 1 legged squats with the flat balance disks.

The P.T. is going good. I bought an e-stim device to help with rebuilding my foot. It seems to help a lot.
I still feel I am a ways off from trying a long run on trail or road. But, I am getting antsy about hitting the trail this weekend.
I keep telling myself I'm going to wake up early and go for a walk on a trail nearby but, by the time I wake up, it's too dark outside.


By the way, does anyone out there have any good resources for swim training/technique?
I have had issues getting the breathing down while doing my laps. It's not as easy as it looks.

If I can get the swim part of it down, I am thinking.......of doing something I said I would never do.....a Triathlon???? We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. So you want to enter the Tri World... that is great!

    YouTube has some great videos on swim drills.

    Sounds like you had a great workout even if it was hard to get out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to add a Triathlon as just another one of my adventures.

    I will check out Youtube and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete