Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving aftermath:

After eating a plate that resembled something like this above, I ended up looking something like this:
No, It's not me. I swear! But, I did feel like this all night though. So, I did what any person would have done. I packed up my gear and went to the gym when they opened and worked out for 12 hours straight. After that I ended up looking like this:

Okay, I'm kidding. Somewhat.
I went to the gym today for a quick workout. I did feel like a bloated Beluga Whale after yesterday.

I put in a hard 20 minutes of elliptical, and some core work and leg stabilization exercises.
After that I was warmed up enough to go to Chestnut Ridge Metro Park nearby.
This is a nice park with lots of hills.
It showed how out of shape I really was because I was sucking wind so bad.
That’s what happens when you are in a walking cast for weeks on end.

I ended up running 2 miles. My foot felt fine with no issues. I feel it is getting stronger, but I still need to heed some caution for a little while.

I am thinking of going and signing up for Crossfit sessions tomorrow or Sunday. I really need to get my sorry self in shape for the 2009 season.



3 comments:

  1. Kudos for getting out there and getting it done, you're setting the ground work for an awesome 09!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I worked hard to conserve on the eats, but still one does tend to over do it on Thanksgiving.
    Where is Chestnut Ridge? Sounds familiar.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Nick! I'm sitting at my laptop full from all the food I just ate and was still jealous of your plate. :) During the holidaze, we're aloud to stuff our faces... right?

    Keep it up! I'm going to try taking up rock climbing for 2009. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete