Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update time.

I have had ups and down the past week or so with my foot.
Right now, I am on the upswing of the rehab and things are looking better.
I've brought myself to understand I'll probably not be doing any real running until after the first of the year. In the meantime, I'll spend more time on the bike, and a lot of time on the elliptical, and in the pool.
I've been swimming, and working my upper body, and trying to stay off my foot. As long as I do this, I will be good to get back on track with training.

One thing I have been utilizing a lot is my BOSU ball. Just standing on it has increased the strength in my foot and legs.
Once I heal fully, this thing in itself will get a workout. I plan on using it a lot.
This piece of equipment is so versatile.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain and not being able to run.
    May I suggest using an Aqua Jogger.
    I have one and have used it to run in the pool(deep) when I had a knee injury. It was great non impact running. I have also used it to train injured athletes to keep them from losing conditioning during the season.
    Hope you rebound soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this might be just the type of training to follow and then grab a spring sprint triathlon. You are doing thd biking and swiming. that would be cool to add to the list of cool things you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don: I will start the underwater running tomorrow. I wasn't able to do it before since the force on my foot (believe it or not) was too much, and caused a lot of pain.

    Darrell: I not only like the BOSU, but I also like the stability disks. They are even tougher.

    Rob: I toyed around with the idea, and kept telling myself no way am I getting into Tri's.
    Now that you have mentioned it, I just might give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete