Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got my bike today. I was so excited to see what I have been missing all these years.
I need a name for her. Any suggestions?

The bike weighs in at 20 lbs dry which is less than half the weight of my MTB.
I added the Bento bag, and the Saddle bag for spare tools, along with the Profile Design Aqua Rack. I saw this on SLB's bike and thought, hey, I need to get me one of those for those long rides next summer.
I need to take it in to have the tires filled with air. The valve stems are so small. I've never seen anything like it.
The Specialized shoes with the clips are going to take some getting used to. Now all I need is a helmet and I will be set.

Anyway, I was telling my wife that I wasn't able to swim today because the "Arthritis Class" took up the entire pool, and she said "That's not nice, you need to call it something else" -Well, that what the damn class was called.
My workout went really well. I did my typical rehab stuff with the BOSU and balance disks thrown in, along with some leg press. I even hopped on the elliptical for 5 minutes.
As long as I progress cautiously, I will look forward to a run here in a couple of weeks or so.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nick! You are now officially a "cyclist". I have never named any of my bikes, so I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I love the smell of new bike!

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE my Spealized!! Your bike is freaking SWEET!!!!

    Man you wife treats you well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice bike. You'll love the feeling of speed compared to the MTB. Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 20lb road bike weighs less than half you mtn bike? Your mtn bike must be even older than mine!

    Don't go fill the tires with air...you need a floor pump! It is usually a good idea to air up before every ride. Also, add at least one (preferably two) spare tubes to your saddle bag, a patch kit, tire irons, and you need a frame pump or a CO2 pump with a couple of cartridges. Know how to use this stuff when you need - and you will need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin: My wife had no choice. I'm a bargain shopper so she didn't mind anyway.

    Darrell: U just had to buy a bike at the start of winter didn't I?
    I cannot wait until spring.

    Tony: I am making out my Christmas list, and all that is on there.
    In the meantime, I'll get the bare necessities to get by.

    ReplyDelete