Monday, November 17, 2008

It's that time of year again.
I woke up tonight to let my dog out, and I saw this scene:



I guess, if it's going to be cold then let it snow.

My wife and I got back from a round trip to Tennessee last night. We started out at 5:00AM, and didn't get back until 9:00PM last night. If you've never been to Tennessee, you've got to go. It's so beautiful down there. We went to a town called Peytonsville which is south of Nashville to pick up something off of Craigslist. After the white knuckled, grey-headed drive back with a heavy load on the trailer, we made it one piece. I really enjoyed our drive through Kentucky as well. From what we saw it was really beautiful as well. Actually, I take that back. They need to tax all that Bourbon they make down there and fix there damn roads south of Louisville. I thought for sure we were going to wreck on the way back.

5 comments:

  1. OMG soo soon! Oh well time to invest in some Yaktrax.

    Oh and a trainer for the bike! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out the weather in TN for me. You wanna go back in a week or two to give me an update? ;-)

    Right now that snow looks pretty nice to me.

    I'm notorious for not taking many gels during a long run. The most I've managed is 3 during a m'thon. Could be a factor in the fatigue, I just don't know. I will think about the iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure wish we could see some "white stuff" here this year. it has been too long.

    Riding in the rain... crazy but great. You are going to fly on your new bike this coming season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safe! Next time ride your bike. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, it's cold - but not snowing. I want the snow. And not just a spinkle - I'm lookng for dumpage.

    ReplyDelete