Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slow Down Sonny.

I went out for my final run (2 miles) tonight in preparation for Sunday. My Garmin was set up to monitor my average pace and distance, and I found myself running a lot faster than my anticipated marathon pace.
My fastest pace was 7:54 and my slowest pace: 10:05 (from when I was turning around).
My average pace was 9:14.
I've actually been running at this pace for all my runs, but I am not sure I will be able to hold that pace the entire marathon.
I need to slow down and run the first half of the race in 9:50 - 10:00 per mile time range.
I'm hoping to use others around me to help pace myself since I'm not out for a PR at all. My goal is to run this and be somewhat comfortable. I know what your thinking. But, to me this is being treated as a training run to kick off my 2009 Ultra season.
I've been checking the forecast for Sunday, and the low in the morning (race time) will be about 39 degrees, with a high of 64.

I think I'm going to predict my time at 4:22 for this one.

The past week's taper:
Monday: off
Tuesday: Bike Ride 3 miles, Pose Running drills
Wednesday: Bike Ride 5 miles
Thursday: 2 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 1 mile run 1 mile walk with pup
Sunday: finish marathon

Totals for tonight: 2 miles...hard
Ave HR: 166
Max HR: 185

1 comment:

  1. Wat to start with a bang! Keep the pace steady and you'll nail it!

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete