Thursday, October 30, 2008

Progress being made.

I went to my PT appointment today, and made great progress. The flexion in my ankle has tremendously improved.
I'm still probably a couple of weeks away from fully running on it. It's all good. I'd rather take the time as opposed to continuously hobbling around and complain to you guys that my foot hurts all the time.
I've been hitting the upper body workouts and doing some cycling on the recumbent bike.

Thanks to SLB for putting the cycling bug into my head, I have purchased my first Road Bike.
A while back I was telling everyone of my Rides on my Mountain Bike, which seemed to take forever. SLB said something to the effect, that if I had a Road Bike, then the miles would fly by. Well, I never got that out of my head. Thanks Stewart!

Its a 2008 Specialized Allez. It is the basic "Double" model with Specialized Armadillo Kevlar tires. I didn't want to shell out the money for a middle of the line, let alone a top of the line Road Bike, and just let it collect dust.
This is a great entry level bike, and should work well for my cross training needs.
It won't be here for about a week, so in the meantime, I will kick back and relax.

I've been a real Shoe Hoe lately too. See, being injured causes you to shop a lot, and buy things.
I bought the following:
1 pair of Nike + Zoom Vomero 3
2 pairs of Nike Waffle Racer's
1 Pair of Nike Bowerman Series Track shoes. -They are all shiny and sweet.
....and I have a pair of Nike Lunar Trainers on order. These shoes are sweet as hell, and sold out everywhere.

Gotta Run..........

Take a moment tomorrow and send good vibes to Robin aka "Gotta Run". She is running Mountain Masochist Trail Run (Origianlly I meant Saturday) . It's a tough as hell race through the Virginia mountains. and is 50 "Horton miles" long, which equals to about 54 miles. David Horton created the race, and set out to make it 50 miles long. He is notorious for miscalculating distances, and the race ended up being 54 miles. -Great guy for sure.

Robin is one tough woman to even toe the line of this beast of a race.
I'm not man enough to run this one yet.


BEST OF LUCK ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice bike! You will go real fast on the road, and you can injure a lot more than your ankle, so be careful.

    P.S. Thanks for single-handedly jump starting the economy with your buying spree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a nice bike. We got our son a road bike a while back. When we both rode Moutains I beat him, once he had the road bike he left me in the dust. Enjoy the speed and definitely invest in the helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darrell, I'm gonna find me an old Football Helmet and wear it around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Specialized Girl myself. You will thank Stuart even if your wallet does not.

    THANKS for the shout out. That was awesome!!!!! I am all excited now but I am sure that will end around mile 30. 54 Horton Miles...here I come!!!!!

    BTW - I entered Stuart's challenge just to trash talk you. I am bringing it. Well the extra beer I have been having is also another reason. :)

    Off to pack.

    ReplyDelete