Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Total Failure

Okay, not exactly what you might think, but.....Read on.
Tonight's workout was killer.
I started off with the Cardio X program. It was tougher than I thought.
The moves were either Kenpo, Plyometrics, Core, or Yoga flavored.
My heart rate was definitely up there during the entire hour long program.

It amazes me that I get stronger every time I revisit the moves in the videos.
The Yoga moves are what I notice this the most in. I can sustain the poses longer than the previous time. Actually, I am fine with doing all the Yoga.
I've noticed though, my right knee is hurting because I over stretched it during the earlier part of January. I cannot do some of the cardio sections that require you to move with your knees overstretched.

Lessons learned: USE YOGA BLOCKS!!!!!

Now for the Total Failure part:
During the video, I went through all the moves until I just couldn't anymore.

After I was done with the video, I just couldn't stop there.

Abs:
3 sets of clamshell crunches to......Failure!
3 sets of Oblique V-Ups to......Failure!
3 sets of BOSU ball Planks to......Failure!
3 sets of BOSU ball side planks to......Failure!
3 sets of BOSU ball Mason Twists with 12 lb Medi-Ball......20 reps each.

Now, while doing these, I felt "The Burn"....I then went beyond that and made "The Burn" feel a little pain for itself. I was shaking while doing the last few reps.
I just cannot wait until tomorrow or the next day to feel the results of my "Failure".

I am planning a long awaited run tomorrow (actually, today since it is past midnight), and some Kickboxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment