Sunday, February 24, 2008

Olentangy Bike Path

I was planning on getting up early this morning and go for a Sunday run. It didn't work out as planned. I could not get to sleep last night, and by the time I did get to sleep, it was nearly time to get up.
Once I did wake up, it was 11:30, and I was completely bummed.
So, instead of beating myself up and moping around, I decided to grab my gear and go out anyways.
As always, I am glad I did.
I have not ran on my old running turf for quite some time, so I decided a run on "The Bike Path" was in order.
I started at the Olentangy Park in Worthington, and headed north on the BP toward Worthington Hills. This part of the path was great as there was no one there.
Here is a picture of just one of the many Giant Geodes found along the BP.


It was when I was headed back towards Antrim Park, I ran into more and more runner's. The best part of this was all the dogs I came across. So many labs, and many other designer dogs, and mutts.
The best one was a man and woman walking their 6 month old Golden Retriever.
The pup looked like a giant lion cub. If I had a $1000.00 cash on me I would have offered it to them.
Anyway, I got to see a lot of things evolving that I have missed over the past year or so.
This bridge is going to be a cool addition to the BP scenery.



Totals: 10.00 miles........1:46:00.........snow covered trails, and walked a few times.

1 comment:

  1. nice run! That reminds me of the Festivus 50k back in December. I remember that bridge.

    ReplyDelete