Thursday, February 14, 2008

Quick run and some chocolates

I went out for a quick run tonight since it was Valentines Day. I didn't want to be gone for too long, and have an angry wife wondering where I was. After the run, I ended up eating some of my wifes chocolate that I got her. Who can resist Dove Dark Chocolate?
Anyway, the run felt really good, and the chocolate tasted better.

I have been having some knee pain on my right leg. I think this is mainly from running on a treadmill. Actually, I believe it all started when I was over doing it with the Yoga.
Typically I get a little knee pain when I wear my neutral shoes and not my supportive shoes on a treadmill.
A treadmill is much softer than many other running surfaces which makes me over pronate slightly. This only happens on a treadmill though.
I am a neutral runner and wear Asics Nimbus. On the trail, I wear Montrail Hardrocks which are very supportive.
I just need to get back out on the trail soon just to make this knee pain go away.
Hope everyone else's training is going well.

Totals: 4 miles.......38:59

1 comment:

  1. Rob, I hate using them too, but I really only wanted one for convenience, and the fact I could easily double up on workouts if needed. It is always a good idea to have one close by incase I do need to run off the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete