Friday, February 8, 2008

6 Miles, and Kickboxing

6 Miles tonight followed by 1 hour of Kickboxing.

I went to the gym again tonight. I planned on doing only 4 miles and work out.

I started off a lot slower than I normally do. My pace was a half minute slower than my normal slow pace. Anyway, this paid off in the end. I have always known this, but I am too stubborn to ever listen to myself. It could be one of the reasons why my heart rate jumps up so high towards the middle and end of my runs. My heart rate never went passed 177 bpm, and my average HR was 162 bpm.
I walked a little just to take in some water since my water bottle was an open ended one today.
I decided I needed to get home so I could get some sleep for work tonight.

The Kickboxing session was a good workout tonight.
I decided to work on some endurance work. Believe me, it was tough.
You are constantly moving, punching, and kicking. The following is what I ended up with:

10 minutes of Yoga/stretching as a warm up.

2 minutes jump rope
2 minutes of combo punches. R-L Jab, Cross, Hook, Uppercut.
2 minutes of combo kicks, on and off the bag. Front, Side, Back, Double kick from the same position. Kind of like a knee then head kick.

2 minutes of jump rope.
2 minutes of varying abs.
2 minutes of jump rope.

3 minute round of sparring. (This was tough to keep going and stay consistent.)
2 minutes of jump rope
3 minute round of sparring.

1 minute of speed punching stationary bag. One arm at a time as fast as I could.
2 minutes of abs
2 minutes of jump rope

3 minute round of sparring.
3 minute round of sparring.

10 minutes of Yoga/Stretching

1 comment: