Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quick workout tonight

I decided to do a workout tonight instead of a run. I am having re-occurring issues with my right hip and inner part of my leg. I know what the issue is, I am just really lazy about keeping up with it.
This issue brought my running to a near halt in 2005 and 2006.
I went to PT a many times over the course of a year, and they determined that it was an impinged nerve in my lower back (Lumbar area). The impingement would cause tightness and pain down my leg resulting in a very painful life.
Anyway, I have muscle imbalances that need to be worked on.
As many of you know, it takes a lot of time and energy to workout, run, and do the many things in life.
I am stretched as thin as I can get when it comes to having time for anything.

I need to start on my Yoga again, and more Core work. When I do these things, the issues disappear. When they disappear, I get lazy or busy. Then the issues come back.
So, I need to stay on track so I can do what I love to do: Run.

Tonight’s workout:
100 Standard Crunches
90 Side Heel Touches (works Obliques)
90 Seconds of Planks
90 Seconds each side of Side Planks
50 Medicine Ball crunches with 12 lb Medi-Ball
100 Pushups
80 leg lifts each side for hips
5 sets of 10 Cobra Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment