Friday, November 2, 2007

2 Mile CC run

I was planning a quick 2 mile run today, and decided that was a good distance to take my two out-of-shape dogs on a run. It was really nice out today, so what the heck.
After straining my back hoisting the 90+lb Lab and the very rotund 40+ lb Beagle in the back of my Jeep, I then head off to Pickerington Central High CC course. It is only a mile away, and offered a great place to just let my Lab run. The Beagle of course needs a constant leash, or she would be in the next state in no time.

I start off the run, and they are so excited. We enter the wooded area, and then it starts..... Needless to say, our run ended not even .20 of a mile into the run. Below is what they continuously did after they decided they didn't want to run. I ended up walking them for about 20 minutes.

I take them home and off I go to Pickerington North High CC course. It is a little nicer, in terms of hills, and groomed pathway.

Total mileage for the run: 2.00 miles; 17:39; 8:34/mile
1st mile 9:04
2nd mile: 7:35
Pace was "Confortably Uncomfortable" towards the end.
At this point, I am dying to go back out and run another 5 miles, but need to hold back for right now. This for me, is a rebuilding period.

No comments:

Post a Comment